Thursday, August 31, 2017

Winning

I am still winning at food. Overnight chia oatmeal (with maple syrup and cinnamon) is absolutely the best find of this experience so far. Anecdotally chia encourages weight loss. I'm going to guess that it depends on a persons chemistry and reasons for eating. What I do know is that I'm not starving at lunchtime. I still eat a little then but it's not hangry eating.

Weekend plans include more honey granola bars and something yet to be determined. I've got to step out of the "Netflix cycle" where I look at recipes all evening and make nothing. Working on commitment

In more winning news, the in class making of woodwind instruments from straws was a success at the high school. They explored the possibilities (increasing the length, changing pitches with a slide and cutting finger holes to change notes.). One kid bragged about making one and playing it at home. He was a senior. After a second attempt the next day, one freshman was actually able to play with a pleasant tone.

The loudest part of the clips is my laughter but you'll have that. If you only have time for one, watch the second one.

https://youtu.be/MDBmyFjpFQw

https://youtu.be/elXqEnNDTrw

2 comments:

sunshine said...

Very Cool making woodwind instruments!

Also, I would love to have the measured qtys for the chia oatmeal. Would like to try it.

kmkat said...

Those videos are hilarious!