Thursday, October 22, 2009

Today at the candy machine....

before I even went in that direction he informed me that we weren't getting free candy but that someone was putting quarters into the machine. Imagine my surprise! I said "That's Hysterical!!! I wonder who's doing it?"

We questioned all of the likely suspects in the teachers lounge. He added up the amount of money someone must have spent to make it happen. We speculated that maybe it was the principal or the custodians. The mystery remained a mystery.

At the end of the day I confided in him (slightly fearful that he would be annoyed at being the brunt of it all but I can only hold a lie for about an hour or two before I fess up) that I indeed was the person who put the quarters in the machine. He asked me why and I said "Because I liked the idea of the magic candy machine." He said "I knew someone was doing it. It can be our little secret."

So he and I are tricking everyone into thinking that there is a little do-gooder in the building putting quarters in the machine and we aren't going to say who.

Shhh....mum's the word!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny! Love the continuing saga of it.

Marnie said...

This is awesome,just awesome!

Anonymous said...

This has the aura of made-for-tv movie, where the two of you are single and fall in love over the magic candy machine.