Friday, October 02, 2009

moving on

Uncle died last night. He spent much of yesterday asking what time it was. I'm pretty sure he was trying to time his departure to make it easier for Aunt.

He visited today as Aunt tried to remember the name of the catering service she was trying to remember. She said, "I never remember the name, I always ask Uncle." I said, "Ask him now." Then she remembered.

Here's what I can tell you- when we were little he did magic tricks- when we went to the beach he bought squeaky bird puppets that made us laugh for hours- when he hid the afikomen at Passover it was always under his plate-when people needed a defense attorney in Steubenville, he was there and if they couldn't pay he would charge them less-

We are sad and going to miss him but that's the way life goes.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Sending healing and comforting vibes for everyone....

Jenn said...

I'm very sorry for your loss, I will be thinking of you and your family.

Cindy said...

The end of a chapter. Painful and sad and I'm so very sorry for your Aunt, you and your family, and all those your Uncle helped throughout all his years as a lawyer and stellar human being. Take time for yourself, Sweetie. My prayers are with you all.

brunhilda said...

hugs hugs

flutter said...

blessings to you, honey

Deborah said...

I;m sorry for your loss. I know it must be difficult. Big hugs to you and family.

LisaBe said...

so sorry :( hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. heaps of hugs sent your way.

Kim said...

So sorry Becky. Sending hugs.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I too lost my favorite uncle, last November. It's been almost a year, but I found myself thinking of him and feeling really really sad last night. I know they are both in a much better place though - not suffering any more. I'm sending along big hugs to you.

Ruth said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss - he sounds like a wonderful man.

Haley said...

he sounds like a wonderful man and i am glad you were blessed to have him in your life. just wanted you to know that i am thinking about you. take care.