Thursday, October 15, 2009

bloggy blogg blog

I still have not much to say but I do like to blog

What's made me laugh lately-

I'm thinking if I ever become a yarn producer I would call my company "Yahwn Yarn" then people from Boston or Brooklyn would sound like they're saying the same word twice.

Just a few minutes ago Mr. Sophanne used his nyah nyah boo boo voice and call Liza Jane "bone-eater."

We sang the theme from "Dallas" more than once at knit night on Tuesday. Also hummed quite nicely was the theme from the Andy Griffith show which I didn't recognize right away because none of us could whistle.

Finally- there is a naive young man under my tutelage who has been convinced (not by me) that the candy machine in the teacher's lounge sometimes magically dispenses candy if you just give the knob a turn. This illusion continued today when someone (not me) supplied the quarters to put in the slot ahead of time to dispense "free" candy. I think he's onto us but it's amazing what adults will do when surrounded by children.

I miscounted the number of stitches to divide in the neck of my chartreuse vest-to-be. Knit night Jennyfer offered a solution (making up the missed stitches in the middle thus creating a sort of not-v neck.) I finished it but am not in love and thus it rests in the "maybe next week" pile.

Finally- Country Music-I'm not a big fan of any kind. It's not my thing. And yet- while looking for angel songs to include in my upcoming holiday program I heard Alabama's "Angels Among Us." It might be my new secret favorite song-I'm looking forward to hearing 5th graders sing it- once I get past the narration/sort of singing at the beginning- I'll be adding a little melody and rhythm to that part.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

let the young naive man believe in the "magic candy machine" = hilarious!

I'm excited to hear the Angels Among Us 5th grade version. Good choice!

Anonymous said...

Smokey and I were discussing country music last night at the ribs joint where we ate dinner. Usually they play blues, but last night it was country western. Yuck. But we concluded that Southern rock -- Alabama, Lynnrd Skynnrd, the Allman Brothers -- is not at all the same as country or country western.

And so say we.

Cindy said...

I disagree. You have lots to blog about. I'm not a big fan of country music either, but now I have to hear that song. YouTube here I come.

Lydee said...

oh, very nice, i think that will go well. possibility for my school sometime in the future perhaps.

Carol said...

I tried to remember what the theme from Dallas was. and came up with the "hockey night in Canada" song. Sigh. and I don't watch hockey........