Sunday, October 11, 2009

a feeling of accomplishment



The hat is Ysolda Teague's Urchin It's not exactly the type of yarn she called for so it looks more rasta-like and less urchin-like. The mitts are from Ann Budd's how to knit everything book.

Except It is completely incomprehensible to me why mitten pattern writers believe that it's reasonable to add only one stitch at the thumb gusset.

I said- break all the rules and I picked up and knit 4 (FOUR) that's right you read it here first 4Four stitches. At the next go across that part I k2'd tog and ssk-ed to get back to a sort of normal stitch count. So there.

For the first time in a month all of the clothes in my house are clean as is my dog and the dishes.

Here's to a week that isn't full of CrazyTown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No holes in YOUR thumb gusset!

Cindy said...

When you are a teacher, there are no weeks during the school year that aren't Crazy Town. But, you are entitled to at least one that isn't. And, you're the knitter, grrl. Nobody, but nobody, is the boss of you;-P

Yarnhog said...

Hey, I like the yarn! ;)

Great mittens! I'd love to see the hat modeled, although I don't know how anything could beat last year's hat.

Lydee said...

those are awesome. may they keep you keep you warm this week...yucky weather, yuck.

Carol said...

mittens are on my 'to knit list'. will remember your comment here...