Friday, October 23, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

and that's o.k. NYS (naive young student) finished his placement today. All was very quiet on the candy front. Perhaps he was waiting for someone to be thrilled at their not free candy. Didn't happen.

I am not terribly sad at the ending of this chapter. For as much fun as the candy was, the rest- not so much. That's how it is with young men and women finding their way in life. What they think they want to do and what they really should be doing sometimes don't interface. I will be glad to be teaching again.

It's another trip to Steubyville on Saturday. Trying to get as many in as I can before El NiƱo arrives.

There's a top down sweater that has about 5 more inches on the body and some sleeves to go.

House of Sophanne now proudly owns a Heavy Duty ShopVac to suck up the swarms of lady-bug wannabe Japanese Beetles that tornadoed our house.

We also found that Heavy Duty ShopVacs do a great job on the crevices that collect animal fur and dust in the corners of our home.

Mr. Sophanne has decided to do something to make the house nice for an hour every day. Yay him. I'm a little slow to join him but think I'm safe as long as I keep expressing gratitude at our shining home and keep the dog occupied.

The bug-catcher was purchased at the big box store that always makes you buy more stuff than you need. Liza got a frisbee. It's now chewed. Anybody have a recommended chew free frisbee source they want to share? I think we might be able to get her to do the BEST TRICK EVER in the doggie world if only we could find something that didn't taste so good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am using Mr. Sophanne's method to clear my desk of the 2'x4'x6" pile of crappe/paperwork on my desk. Three 20-minute periods/day. So far it is working, more or less.

What you need is a Frisbee that is cayenne-flavored underneath the surface. If there is such a thing. Maybe you could invent it and retire...

Cindy said...

How about a frisbee sprayed with Grannick's Bitter Apple? That's what I use to keep Esau Marie from chewing wires and it does work. Of course, then Liza Jane won't want anything to do with a frisbee. That might be a bad idea. As for the young'un who probably shouldn't be teaching? Just line him up with all the others looking for secure work and a steady paycheck. Of course, I believe this says something about our society, but being Friday, I really don't care;-P

Lydee said...

tasty free doggie toys! crack me up!
bibi loves lady bugs. she calls them snuggli bugs. and that's what she's going to be for halloween. maybe i should walk behind her at the school parade with a shop vac. :-)

Anonymous said...

*sigh* so much for the magical candy machine. It was fun while it lasted. Yay for Mr Sophanne. He wanna come and do that for my house?
No ideas for you on the taste free doggie toys. I think things have a taste that only dogs enjoy.

Marie said...

We have gone through so many vacums that we only use a shop vac in the house now. Its good with all the animals and long hair and yarn scraps in the house.

Carol said...

My hubby keeps trying ot recruit me on his periodic tidy up sprees. i don't understand why I must participate.....

Haley said...

i love shop vacs. they're the one kind of vacuum that is cool enough for a man to use and thus motivates him to clean the house. very nice!