Friday, October 09, 2009

some knitting



There's been a little knitting here and there.

The pink/green mitten is LanaGrossa merino using Ann Budd's formula. Two are done- one has a thumb that needs re-done. One is completely thumbless. Why is it that every mitten I knit feels like a swatch? The yarn was supposed to be felted clogs-a gift from Yarnhog but she understands that things change. I'm thinking about Ysolda's urchin as a matching hat.

The gray is LanArt alpaca- $5/skein on sale from the Waynesburg fiber festival. I wasn't going to post tonight because I can't find the pattern to tell you what it is but I'm thinking you won't mind. It's going to be a lace stole but with the knit side looking so much like the purl side I just spent the last hour tinking 4 rows. I've got a big ole pile of the yarn so I'll knit until I run out. I'm pretending it's going to look gorgeous once it is blocked-and I've planned for the alpaca halo so it won't make me mad.

The finished angoraish CPH that was finished last summer has been worn several times and wins the prize for the best knit ever when it comes to size, weight, and comfort.

Speaking of Yarnhog, her ringing endorsement of the kindle and the fact that she got it for her birthday led me down the path of gadget. I have to get used to the fact that unlike the itouch, there's no touch screen but I think it's going to be a good purchase. I have no room for shelves. I have no more room for books. I like to read. win. win. win.

Now I have a kindle and a spinning wheel because Yarnhog does. I hope she doesn't decide to jump off a bridge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for gadgetry! I love gadgets. Especially electronic ones! Jealous over the spinning wheels and kindles. One day they will be mine....oh yes they will be mine..... ;-)

Lydee said...

alpaca halo, crack me up!

hmm, a kindle. I've been thinking about one. maybe, someday.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. (I hope Yarnhog doesn't jump off a bridge, either. I would miss both of you very much.)

Cindy said...

We all have a little lemming in us, don't we? I love your stole. It is already beautiful. and, I ripped 4 more rows back on the Christmas scarf. I restarted on the wrong row of the chart, dammit.BTW, I love the mitten.

Yarnhog said...

Woo hoo!

I love mine so. much. My family despairs of ever getting my attention again.

I have no immediate plans to jump off any bridges...but that may change if the middle school maniac doesn't get his act together pretty soon.

Haley said...

yarnhog is pretty awesome. i almost ran out and bought a kindle too. still might. now that you AND yarnhog have one. hmmm... tempting... love seeing your knits!