Tuesday, June 16, 2009

gratuitous mirror image



First knits often get the gratuitous mirror shot so this will be the token sewing mirror image.

For as badly as this went while I was doing it, (I clearly need more practice and patience when it comes to gathering) I believe this will be a wearable and comfortable garment. Go Figure.

There are elastic issues at the top-as in the elastic sneaks up past the top hem. I won't be wearing anything tucked in with it but that wasn't the plan anyway.

For a first go-round I am pleased with the effort. There is still some finishing to do. Maybe when it's done Mr. Sophanne will take the "money shot."

8 comments:

Sunshine said...

I am impressed!! Suprised it wasn't green, though.

Cindy said...

It's purdy.

Anonymous said...

I love that style of skirt! Good work.

Mary Beth said...

Screams summer& comfort! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - very cool skirt!!

mia

Anonymous said...

very nice! I knew you could do it!!

zerdiecj said...

Since when did you become a purple person? Very nice job. I can say I am still a little afraid though.

JessaLu said...

very impressive!