Monday, June 08, 2009

GooglescammerReader

Can someone please tell me how to make the advertisements that appear when I click my "next" button for google reader disappear?

I click along thinking I'm going to get wisdom from Rosemary, a decent cakewreck, a captioned LOLcat, or chickenlips displaying her wares on her Etsy site and am suddenly held hostage by teeth whitening "blogs."

In knitting news... I'm working on the hood of the Central Park Hoodie- version bunny. It should be done within the week. The seaming doesn't bother me but I may balk a little at the ribbed edging stitches that will have to be picked up and knitted.

I'm waiting for this kit to arrive from Canada so while cph was blocking I cast on a plain vanilla sock. I'm wondering how many plain vanilla socks I can knit in one summer. Mr. Sophanne says 28. I might try to knit through my sock stash since a dog we all know has done a number on my earliest socks.

So what is your guess on the number of socks an attention deficit knitter can knit in 2 months? (one at a time on dpns)

9 comments:

Cookie said...

You too?

I have no idea how to stop it, but I want to know. I hate those spammy fake blogs and the people who keep them.

Twenty-four pair. :D

Cindy said...

Wow. 24 pair? I believe you can knit 2 full pair. That will leave you knitting time for other stuff (like the kit in the mail).

Linda Sue said...

If the socks are about an inch big you could make three in two months...I am not a knitter so that is my guess...I am knot a knitter for good reason..

Anonymous said...

I shall guess seven individual socks. It is up to you whether any of them match up to make a pair.

Anonymous said...

Well based on my track record, I'd say 1.5 socks per summer. Not pairs mind, just 1.5 socks which is not as wearable as you'd imagine.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, the number of socks you can knit during the summer?? I'll say 4 or 5 pair. That's 8-10 socks. For me that would mean knitting nothing but socks. Good luck!!!

Sharon said...

ooo, is this a contest? (j/k)

My guess is 5 pairs. Plain vanilla socks are fastest. You will be so glad you knit them when the weather turns cool again in the fall.

Mary Beth said...

If I knit nothing else, I can knit one sock every 4 days. In the real world of summer knitting, I'd say you would knit only 4 complete pairs.

Carol said...

16. Just kinda pulled that out of the air, though,... I'm curious to see what the actual number will be