Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Can Has Bug



A Sophanne update-

Tomorrow's will be another wip post. There has been a request from my two best knit night friends for such a post so that it will be really exciting to see the progress I've made when I return.

The House of Sophanne Big Summer Adventure begins late Saturday evening when we catch a train to the west coast. We'll arrive in Portland on Tuesday, take a car to Seattle on Thursday and go to some island that DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET or CABLE TV on Friday, with at least three grandkids (ages 3, 5, and 7) in tow.

Knit night Darla told the story of her 5 yo grandson saying "I don't particularly care for using my imagination." That's what came to mind when I discovered the specifics of our vacation home.

Perhaps it will mean that the blog posts following the vacation will be well-crafted brilliant essays, as I will have so much time to construct them. Paper? Pencil? getouttahere!

I've packed and repacked my knitting about 4 times already.

There may be double-posts again tomorrow and Friday-maybe I can "fill up" ahead of time.

After Saturday the 5th I may not know what everyone is doing until JULY 23rd. If I forget to say so before then, please be careful while I'm away. I am really going to miss you when I'm gone.

To the Sir Robin of the Traveling Scarf KAL I say, "READY SET GO!"

10 comments:

Carol said...

Several decks of cheap cards are always a lifesaver. Even if the kids don't want to play "war" or canasta, they can build card houses with them! Or anything else, they can figure out....

LisaBe said...

i love that quote. i don't particularly care for using my imagination. i love (other people's) kids.

Mary Kathryn said...

Have a great time! Jon's brother lives in Seattle now and loves it.

Tammy said...

Too funny! Start exercising that imagination!

Anonymous said...

You have repacked your knitting 4 times? Well, duh, you are a knitter. That's what knitters do!

Have a wonderful time! (I like to have a jigsaw puzzle in progress on some not-much-used surface. Adults and kids can sit down for a minutes whenever they feel like it and fit in a piece or three.)

Deborah-- said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Look forward to reading all about it when you return. You will be missed!

Mary Beth said...

Wah-whahahahaha. I am all torn up here. Who will give me that end of day chuckle & much needed pick me up?? Have the best vacation ever. (Only, I hope you guys won't be haing any Griswald family style vacation.)

Mary Beth said...

Wah-whahahahaha. I am all torn up here. Who will give me that end of day chuckle & much needed pick me up?? Have the best vacation ever. (Only, I hope you guys won't be haing any Griswald family style vacation.)

Lydee said...

whaaaa! look forward to hearing about your adventures then!

sophanne said...

find me.