Tuesday, July 22, 2008

just a leetle longer

So, for those of you keeping tabs on the Sophanne vacation (and really who wouldn't want to) Three nights on a train two nights in Portland, one night in Seattle, eight nights on San Juan Island, one more night in Seattle, and two nights (tonight being the second) in Portland.

Mr. Sophanne and I have been holed up in this Portland hotel enjoying the USA networks new season, going on-line, knitting and decompressing. Occasionally we go out foraging for ice.

There are stories to tell and pictures to share but the clever posts must wait until I'm home with some reflection.

I hate really long vacation posts anyway. I leave you today with some photos from Day 1 in Portland at the Farmers Market. With the number of pictures we took, I may have posts well into October.





On the knitting front- expectations were not met. Plans changed. More will be revealed. The traveling scarves appear to be traveling.

9 comments:

Virtuous said...

Glad things are going well with your vacay! No worries about the knitting you just keep enjoyihng yourself! Safe travels back!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more! Happy travels!

Lydee said...

fabulous pictures, the produce looks scrumptious!

Cindy said...

Beautiful pics. I'm so glad your vacation is relaxing (you sound relaxed). Looking forward to hearing more.

Kim said...

Gorgeous farmer's market pictures! Is that lavender? I love lavender! Welcome back home.

Stephanie said...

I love Portland. It has a great vibe to it. Love the lavender bundles. I'm sure they smelled heavenly.

Deborah-- said...

Those pics are beautiful! Everything looks so yummy. Look forward to hearing all about your vacation!

Sonya said...

Those scarves are traveling! And I can't believe it, we are heading up Portland way on Friday. Like two ships in the night. Have you scoped yarn stores out for me?

Mary Beth said...

Liquor & knitting? Knitter's don't let knitter's knit drunk. I can barely knit after my evening glass of wine! Oh my.

(BTW. The produce pics look so professional & inviting.)