Friday, July 04, 2008

Get in on the ground floor

Raining here.

I did pick up several decks of cards in case of rain on San Juan Island. Mr. Sophanne, however, had brilliance of his own a-brewing.

Whilst vacationing (rain or shine) we will be videotaping scenes for a movie. If you remember that cartoon in Highlights Magazine about Polite Pete and Rude Rufus (o.k. someone out there will remember their real names), you'll get the movie concept. It will be a sort of What to Do and What Not to Do video essay.

The working title is "Fireworks" because that was the example Mr. Sophanne came up with. I suggested that if we share that particular example with the kids, the examples will only escalate from there and that simpler "situations" will allow for a little more kid creativity.

How to eat your food- How not to eat your food was one I thought would be a good example. We also thought we'd have the kids act like parents- How to discipline your kids-how NOT to discipline your kids.

If you'd like to contribute ideas for this upcoming film and we use your idea, you will get some title credits. This film is scheduled for release in December of 2008.

Also come to find it's just the rental that doesn't have internet. The island does. I anticipate a few trips to the Library

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the Goofus and Gallant movie idea!! Sounds like fun!!!

LisaBe said...

aw, man, somebody beat me to it. i loved highlights, and goofus and gallant were always my favorite feature. well, that and the find-the-hidden-bananas-in-the-drawing puzzles. i thought i was quite extraordinary for being able to do them.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Goofus and Gallant! My mom was always telling me that my brother was the latter and I was....

Anonymous said...

Mr. S is brilliant. Your guests will have memories for a lifetime, and you two will have as much fun as they do.

Yarnhog said...

So, I was going to suggest "How to Behave in the Bathroom/How Not to Behave in the Bathroom", because I have three sons and bathroom etiquette is kind of--you know--close to my heart, but on deeper reflection, that's probably not such a good idea.

Carol said...

How to buy something, how not to buy somehting. What to do with yarn, what not to do with yarn.

Lydee said...

how to pack/how not to pack?
if you had access to bumper cars: how to drive/how not to drive.
How to dress/how not to dress.
How to brush your teeth/how not to brush your teeth...I'm starting to get silly here, I'd better stop before the suggestions go downhill...

Kim said...

Goofus & Gallant! I loved reading that cartoon. What a fab idea for a movie!

Anonymous said...

That is a brilliant idea of the Mr's. Goofus & Gallant! Wow, that takes me back.

You're right in the middle of your vacation - I hope it's as fabulous as it sounds to me right now!