Sunday, July 08, 2018

The first night.

After some lengthy instructions from the manager we finally got into the business of vacation.  In an unusual twist partially because of the perfect  temperature and humidity (or lack thereof) I had zero interest in the grocery store run.  The adult children and eldest gd did the shopping and meal planning.  I was happy to hand over the credit card if it meant I didn’t have to go.  Instead I went into the pool with the gaggle of girls keeping watch on the littlest one.  I even went down the slide.  It was awesome.

I allowed myself a beer and some wine because sometimes greathusbandbob eats apple dumplings.  Just enough to relax properly.  

Some rested as others prepared food.




Dinner was served and many laughs were had.  The main topic evolved around the various accents everyone could do based on Hazels desire for everyone to speak with a British accent all week.  The boy has some mad accent skills. My favorite part of the picture below is the various ways each one is looking at me.  I think a picture says as much about the photographer as it does the subjects.


Dinner was followed by a musical theater cabaret act in the round from the balcony.  There were too many lights and too much action to really snag the vibe but this one does a little bit and shows grandfather conducting from the pit. Should I get an opportunity for a do-over I may try to get shots from across the balconies rather than from the floor.  Maybe I can avoid the light interference,


Our room is definitely the hottest.  People in British Columbia don’t usually need whole house air. It’s gone from oppressive to manageable since the sun went down.  Two rotating fans are keeping things ok as well.  And the truth is I am so happy not to be at the hot, humid, sweaty sandy beach. Hanging out with everyone is not overwhelming thanks to the weather.  This is a place to could go to again.






No comments: