Saturday, July 07, 2018

Mani-pedi

The adult kids were working today so we got to visit this one for the afternoon. She’s teaching grandfather how to use his cell phone.


Here she is in her younger years playing tour guide if you need a laugh.



We met Oona the dog.  She’s a little whiny and very thin but sweet.


The daughter and I went to the nail salon- my toes and fingers are blue. They will match my bathing suit.  Otherwise they will look ridiculous.




The evening ended at an Italian restaurant.  While greathusbandbob and his daughter ate pasta I got a sandwich with eggplant, artichoke heart, tomato, goat cheese and mozzarella on a whole wheat Italian bun.  It was a win and something I will try to duplicate at home. Note to self.  Always go for quality mozzarella.

We had a quick hello with “the boy” (remember last summer?) and his older sister.  Big sis just graduated high school and has a summer job as a camp coach at the Seattle center for circus arts.  She’s the one that was poet laureate last year. Published a book of poetry.  She is awesome.

The caravan leaves the gate at 10:00 am tomorrow. I am of mixed feelings so far. There is some unspoken dysfunctional family drama festering just below the surface.  It would appear we’ve been forced into forgive and forget mode without any real resolution. It makes me very untrusting and takes me to a place in which I am all to familiar. So with uncertainty I will sleep and hope to be able to relax a little more tomorrow.








No comments: