Saturday, July 14, 2018

Later Friday afternoon

The Lilster and I visited the Victoria B.C. Museum of art.  It was small and cute and had interesting pieces. 

There was a video installation of trees in the dark.  Bean bags to lay in.  It inspired the former youth poet laureate Lilster and I waited as she put thoughts to paper.  The artist at work.


There were also Japanese scrolls that caught my eye.  The look in the Master’s eye particularly.  


And finally, Emily Carr is a famous historical figure in Victoria.  I don’t yet know the details.  I purchases two books that she wrote and added illustrations to.  She loved dogs.  She loved trees. She was a painter.  These words were installed near a collection of her paintings.



All of the exhibits combined left me feeling trees and desolate nature. Sparse nature filled Japanese art.  Florid renditions of trees in the forest with acrylic lines that seemed familiar to my own hands and photographs.  One photo triptych showed a stump growing life across time.

Art inspiration of the day.  Instead of "I’m going to paint with water colors" I’m of a mind to say I’m going to try to paint this in watercolors.  I picture a window pane with photos from the government house gardens in each panel.  We'll see. We’ll just see.





No comments: