Friday, October 22, 2010

oh so sporadic and random

Thanks for the well wishes. My heart is continuing to beat and I will visit the dr. next week for a followup and am expecting to ask some questions about panic attacks.

This evening when I got home I took my regular Friday afternoon 2 hour nap. Liza Jane can usually count on a walk after said nap and after my batteries have recharged. Just in case I might forget though, I woke up with this next to me in bed.




That dog Makes Me Laugh.

In knitting news- this will be the Bad Juju doll from Anticraft"



I can't believe this is the first time I've made it. I'm not making it for myself or anyone in my immediate or distant circle. In fact, Mr. Sophanne is very much opposed to invoking Bad Juju voodoo. You just never know says he. And while I believe him to be correct, there is a friend at school who is being treated very badly by some family. She is the epitome of grace when facing these disappointments. Doesn't get upset, doesn't even look sad or disappointed. Everyone loves her so much, we all get mad for her. THis juju doll can be a "bad behavior juju doll" so instead of stabbing a specific person with pins, she can just stab their bad behavior. Perhaps it will be a new trend- politically correct voodoo.

In other knitting possibilities, one of the bus drivers asked me to make her an earflap hat with long tassles. I like her o.k. I fear that other bus drivers might have similar requests if I fulfill this one but am willing to take the risk. She wants it in blue and gray- local school colors. I don't have any blue and gray on hand. A trip to the LYS is in my future. This is eventful as it has been some time since I have purchased yarn.

I told her she had to measure her head and give me the number. Seems like she should have to do something for the cause. (Actually she does a lot of things for a lot of causes which is why I'm willing to knit for her and won't be accepting payment) I have an ulterior motif. The fiber community at school is all about the polyester. If I can get a little wool into the mix, I might just be able to share the power of sheep with everyone.

Work on yet another EZ (meg swanson) shawl-collared vest continues. You may recall the first one was too small. The second one was good but the cables got lost in the marled yarn, the collar could have been more "shawly" and the finishing could have been tidier. All of this is irrelevant because irony insists that the only knitter in my school also has the hottest room in the building and gets to wear her hand knits on the walk from the car to the parking lot only.

And finally- if you're still here, Mr. Sophanne just interrupted the blog post with this gem.

So, two guys are walking down the street and a pigeon poops on one of them. The other guy hands him a tissue and the pooped on guy says It ain't gonna do any good, that pigeon is long gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. Interesting concept = politically correct voodoo dolls. I may have to make one of those myself. Still love reading your blog, friend. Thanks for sharing! Oh yeah and tell Mr. Sophanne thanks for sharing too...I giggled!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hate those scares, though. And, a panic attack feels exactly like a heart attack. Your heart races and you get all clammy. It's awful. You're such a good soul to knit for others. Of course, Lil Liza Jane is smart. And, thank you, Mr. Sophanne, for that wonderful closer;-D

roxie said...

Mr.Sophanne rocks!

If other drivers ask for hats, ask them how much they make an hour and tell them how many hours it takes to knit a hat. Then tell them how much the materials cost. Then offer to teach them to knit. This approach has always worked well for me.

JelliDonut said...

I love the shoe on the bed! I also love that voodoo doll, gotta admit that. I'm pretty sure it will end up on my needles. Maybe I'll just pinch mine instead of stabbing it.

Jenn said...

Panic attacks are scary. Tom was getting them a few years ago and through the magic of Dr. Google, determined that he was having a heart attack. (he wasn't having a heart attack.) He had them for a few months and then just as soon as they started, they went away. Bodies are weird.