Friday, September 24, 2010

You are Here.

Here's where I am- The potato chip bag lovingly included in the photo can be used to gauge size. (It's a regular size bag)



Here's why it's good for me-

When you knit this EZ Adult Surprise Jacket, you have to follow directions. You have to read the directions. Over and Over until as you continue to ponder how it will really work, you begin to understand rather than just SpeedyGonzales guess.

As one who fails to catch the details of directions, this has been a very good thing for me. There are no extra words in the directions for this. If I choose to ignore the words that are there thinking "yea, yea, I get it," knitting will come to a standstill.

It hasn't come to a standstill yet and just when I think I won't know what to do next, I read the directions for the millionth time and finally notice it says something like "put these stitches on some wool" and I had been ignoring it and now I get it.

Suck at following directions? Knit EZ for practice.

5 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I have several EZ books, but I have a feeling knitting EZ will kick my butt!

Cindy said...

OK. I'll read her. That is one gorgeous piece of knitting!!!

roxie said...

The thing I find with knitting EZ is when you have blindly followed the directions, and suddenly you get the Eureka moment, the lightbulb turns on in your head, and you understand what she's doing. That is such a rush!! Your surprise is awesome!

Sunshine said...

It is beautiful!!!! Woohoo!!!

Sharon said...

Great colors! I had that experience with EZ, too, the first time I knit the BSJ. The key for me was not to overthink her instructions; I just did what she said. That seemed to be the ticket.