Monday, September 20, 2010

Sometimes they come back

Maybe you know already that I've had many student teachers under my guidance. If you hear about them on the blog, they don't know about the blog. If you don't, they do.

Sometimes they are a source of frustration and aggravation but every now and then, the good ones come back.

Today at school had unpleasant exchanges with a rude elementary aged student. I don't mind so much when they're rude to me. This one was rude to another student for 40 minutes. Various attempts including a phone call home and a trip to the office (where he at first refused to go and walked away from me) yielded no results and a big old pile of WTF?

Today a student teacher emailed with similar distress and asked for Sophanne Wisdom- HA! That cracks me up! After giving him some advice that I needed to take myself, he wrote back saying it was occasionally it was good to check with "Yoda" because he forgets to use "the force."

There is a former student teacher now teaching at an International School in Latvia. She's started her first job after a 7 year stint as a performer and sailor. We've been corresponding in an effort to help her regain her "teaching legs." I also sent a care package full of peanut butter,bags of dried black beans, and ripped cd's. Hey friends- she lives in LATVIA! and she knows I knit- this is what I found in the mail when I got home today.



Knitted Latvian finger puppets (a chicken, a mouse a dog and a cat) and a not-puppet pig! Made with real wool from and in Latvia. I feel so cool. Also included in this fabulous package was some Latvian honey and a tote bag which cracked me up. In case you can't see the words too clearly it says Latvija, Nice place Love it.

4 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

How freaking cool!

JelliDonut said...

That's really nice!

Cindy said...

And, sometimes what you give, you get;-D

roxie said...

What goes around, comes around. That poor kid who was such a rudesby has a lot of crap coming around to him. Unfortunatesly, we have to learn the truth of this concept for ourselves. I hope that somewhere along the way he makes the connectin that if he acts like a jerk, people will treat him like a jerk. If he acts like a decent person - well, - people tend to treat you better.