Monday, September 06, 2010

Summer revisted

It seems as though given a weekend and an extra day I can get a little vacation mojo back.

I had hoped for a live action shot but maybe later. Mr. Sophanne is dissembling a dead tree with the chain saw- not a good time to interrupt and Liza Jane hasn't learned to use the camera yet.

Behold Tiger's Eye Jane Goodall by Jordynn Jack. I used some handspun by Barbara Campbell- (a local spinner- who has no internet links) I am moderately pleased with the outcome. The yarn is a little rough in a way that I can't exactly explain.






I am picturing a black collarless shell underneath with 3/4 length sleeves and of course the tiger eye ring which was the whole point of the sweater.`



There's banana bread in the oven, the grocery shopping is finished and now I'm going to wind some yarn.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

My motto is to "never interrupt a man with a power tool in his hands". I learned by getting yelled at really loud. Liza Jane just needs a little training. I think you might have mostly knee shots, though. I love the sweater. Do you think a soak in Eucalan or SOAK might soften it up a bit? I love the idea of the black turtleneck underneath and your inspiration of the ring is way cool!

Yarnhog said...

The color is absolutely beautiful! I'd love to see a live action shot; it looks like it's going to be a very flattering sweater.

And that ring...I want that ring.

Anonymous said...

Splendid sweater! It will look fabulous with the ring.

Anonymous said...

That yarn is so pretty! I hope to see it in person one day.

roxie said...

I put a little hair-conditioner in the rinse when I wash my woolies. You might also try a dash of vinegar. That is a seriously beautiful sweater and will totally ROCK with that ring. Chocolate brown would be good with it as well.

Sharon said...

That sweater is the prettiest thing I have seen made with handspun. Great job!