Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No star spangling

My life is so uneventful that things that don't happen become a blog post.

Tonight the local music teachers were scheduled to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the local Band Spectacular. Conflicts and daily life brought the number of singers,which started at about 20, down to 3. While one in attendance was more than willing to do it herself (there's always one in the crowd, yes?) I try to make it a rule never to sing in crowds less than 5.

We would have been singing here with big microphones and everything.



On the way home I saw this bumper sticker- it says "Who rescued Who?" on a pawprint.



I didn't get it right away until I came home and saw this-



Now I get it.

In years past I would have stayed for some spectacular bands, watched kids and parents proud of themselves and each other and gone out for a couple of cocktails afterwards. Now with a Mr. Sophanne, a Liza Jane and some knitting, there's no place like home.

5 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Good call.

Anonymous said...

Home is an awesome place. It's my favorite place to be!!!

Cindy said...

That would have been fun, but with only 3? Not so much. And, isn't that the sweetest little face to come home to? And, I quite certain Mr. Sophanne has a sweet little face, too;-D

Sunshine said...

Awwwwww! What a sweet face she has!!

Mary Kathryn said...

I'll bet the one who was still willing has her masters degree in choral conducting. I'm just sayin'.....