Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Social Networking

O.k. so if a kid at school friends me on fbook, I friend them. I figure maybe their parents are monitoring them, maybe not. If they're not then I pretend I'm doing some good and I don't have any deep dark secrets to keep from facebook.

If I post anything it's something I intend for the entire world to know. Nothing snarky. Nothing unkind or unpleasant. Just the happy facts. Not all of the real stuff that's ain't nobody's business if I do.

So Zach friended me. He's in 3rd grade. The youngest I've seen on fb and all the more reason to be his friend. After confirming his friendship, I wrote on his wall. I said "Hey Zach."

He wrote back saying "hey how is life ps i just FARTED!!!!!!"

It's all I can do not to write back "EXCELLENT!"

Third grade boys crack me up.

Also yesterday Owen in 1st grade wanted to the class to sing "Skiddamarink" specifically to me and then asked me if I was married.

My job cracks me up sometimes when I remember to pay attention.

6 comments:

Yarnhog said...

A 3rd grader with a facebook account? I won't let my middle schooler have one, and I may extend the ban into high school.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that parents let the younger ones have unlimited access to the internet. My 5th grader is begging me for a FB page and I am adamant in my "NO"

flutter said...

I love it

Cindy said...

You are a good soul and 3d grade boys are adorable. BTW, candy is dandy, but likker is quicker;-P

Haley said...

you crack me up all the time. thanks!

Casa Pearl said...

OMG this is hysterical. I think if the friends wanting to friend me on FB were third graders, it would be a LOT more interesting! Good luck with the snow and please not, you should shovel before consuming too much of the Merlot. Otherwise it can be hazardous to yourself. And it's great incentive to have a reward waiting inside.