Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Check for Gauge" Deniers Unite

and join me in a big ole "hellsya!" for the Big Bird in Hand Mitts!




Berroco Ultra Alpaca and size 4 needles will make you some gauntlets if you're so inclined. I really did look around the house for my size 3 needles and took it as a sign from the universe to use size 4 when I couldn't find them.

Fortunately, being alpaca, these will stretch.

I've cast on for the second mitt- what good is one gauntlet?

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those would fit Big Bird perfectly if Big Bird had hands. Oh, wait, he DOES have hands. Congrats! I'm sure he will appreciate having warm hands/wings.

Cindy said...

Pretty fancy mitts for a big yellow bird with a funny voice!

Yarnhog said...

This is as funny as the Yarn Harlot's giant sock! How did you manage to get all the way through that without realizing you were making elephant mitts? That's some impressive denial. And I think it's even funnier than you're soldiering on with the second! Laughing my butt off here...

Love ya!

sil said...

Very fancy oven mitts is what I see. Lovely, and I'd like to meet the man those fit .

Karen said...

Wow, that is one serious mitten!!!! So pretty though. Remember the "Man Hands" episode of Seinfeld? That would be the perfect pair of mittens for her. LOL

Casa Pearl said...

Oh my! I am a non gauger too so I commiserate with you. I'm sure there is someone out there these will fit perfectly....