Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fibery Flibbertyjibbet

Last weekend we bought "Mario Galaxy" for the Wii. For those of you keeping track, not only do I help Olympic athletes from my comfy knitting chair, I'm also inclined to bob and weave with cartoon characters on video games. What's Wrong With Me? I believe this takes "empathy" to a "whole 'notha lebel."

The granny square afghan in my not favorite colors is finished. The weight is perfect. It took 7 days with a couple of snow days thrown in. There were 2 skeins left over. I could have extended the border but was sick of the whole thing. I sent the last two skeins to 5elementknitr. She needed some alpaca that was leftover in my stash (that I was also happy to be rid of given the FAIL of the grinch sweater way back when- it was my lesson in alpaca stretching and later alpaca felting) and I decided that her payment was to be taking the last two Rowan plaid skeins off of my hands.

The lesson here is that I have no patience for blog contests/giveaways. Plus I always want regular readers to win anyway. So if you're interested in the possibility of random stash-busting from me for the rest of your life, make sure I have your mailing address.

Given the success of a finished afghan, it would be logical to assume that I went straightaway to work on the more than halfway done Kilkenny shawl.

Not so.

Instead I grabbed some ultra-alpaca from the ne'er completed Olives Afghan (again another lesson in alpaca and the accompanying halos/dust bunnies) and cast on for another pair of Bird in Hand Mittens. I finished the cuff of one last night. I think I must enjoy the forced relaxation of hands in stranded knitting.

Hence the title of this post- fibery flibbertygibbet.

In other news... I just went to back my car up the driveway a little (to ease Mr. Sophanne's exit) and found that my car would not go in reverse. That's a problem.

eta- reverse has returned-not sure why it's back or why it left- now I'll have something to worry about for the rest of my life with the car. Yippee.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Mabye it's the time of year. I have cast on new items, I have UFO's sitting waiting for my attention, and I still want to start something new.

Anonymous said...

Whatever you have been drinking/eating/dropping, please continue. I loved this post. Perhaps I will send you my mailing address; random skeins that arrive in the mail are a delight.

Cindy said...

Damn cars do whatever they want. I have one with window/defroster neurosis. Damn thing. I think you have my address;-D

Sharon said...

I don't know what I like more: the word "flibbertyjibbet" or the fact that you used it in the title of this post! ;)

Donna in Ely said...

Long time lurker here!! Reverse in my first car 63 VW bug, didn't work so I either parked so I could pull straight out or put it in neutral and pushed it out!!!! Lots of fun, glad yours came back

Yarnhog said...

Do you yell helpful advice at movie characters, too? I always do that, but it never seems to help.