Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Wintry Wonderland

It's a wintry wonderland here in House of Sophanne.

An update on the Aran Watchcap. Mr. Sophanne did wear it to work yesterday. One guy said "Hey-you've got your wife's hat on." He didn't say it because he knew I knitted it.

It looks so good when he has it on at home. Frank Sinatra blue eyes with that warm fuzzy alpaca twisting and turning.

Then we went to the grocery store. I saw it in real life. I thought- "dude- you've got your wife's hat on." I looked at the hats of the men in the store. They did not look like his. He is quite the knitter's husband trooper.

He wore the tasseled stranded one to work today- I think this time for entertainment's sake.

The quest for something stylish continues. In another week I will suck it up and make a dark-colored 1x1 ribbed watchman's cap with no colors and no patterns and then we will be done with it. Unless he likes having a fashion show.

It's another snow day. While I enjoyed teaching yesterday, this pleases me because I've been so conditioned to love the snow days and hate driving in snow. Mr. Sophanne put a roast in the crock-pot and made me a sandwich for lunch (he's been doing that lately as he makes his own lunch) All is well.

7 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Personally, I think you should knit him as many outrageous hats as possible. It could become his signature, and you'd never run out of fun knitting projects!

Lydee said...

lol, outrageous hats. i thought it looked great. he is a trooper. yea for the roast. yum.

Sunshine said...

I say he is a 'keeper'. Not only does he wear the outrageous hats, but he uses the crockpot and makes you sandwiches. Knit him a dark color watchman's cap to make him happy and then knit the outrageous ones and see which ones he will wear!!

Haley said...

your husband sounds wonderful--which does not surprise me--you deserve the best!

Cindy said...

Agreed. A keeper. I tried to comment from work today and got blocked. WTF?

5elementknitr said...

You should knit him the raw chicken hat!

Personally, I like the Fit for a Boyfriend hat for the go-to plain rib type hat. Very clever decreases at the top and it's free!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautiful mind,
lovely couple.

best wishes.

http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
welcome.