Monday, January 04, 2010

STR

So I'm sitting here, taking a break from doublemassa- decided to knit it in Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool thanks to a raveler- and cruising the blogs.

I tippy-toed onto the Yarn Harlot and read about the Socks That Rock club.

I had just been thinking that I was tired of picking out yarn for myself and maybe I'll just join one of those clubs.

And there it was.

And I joined.

I remembered seeing the long line at the STR booth at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Any yarn worth waiting in a line like that for must be worth looking into.

There you have it- confessions of a fiber freak.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read La Harlot on the Rockin' Sock Club, too, but I was firm with myself. "Sock yarn counts" in my n.y. resolution not to add to the stash. So I think I will join vicariously through you -- be sure to post about what you receive every other month, otherwise I will demand my money back.

Marie said...

You will love the club, this is my 3rd year. Although I haven't touched any of the yarn that was in last years club.

Yarnhog said...

I seriously considered it, but then I realized how much it cost per pair and decided I'm too cheap. I haven't knit with STR, but according to Rav, the lightweight is the same base as Fly Designs Monarch, which I adore. I'll be looking forward to seeing your installments!

Haley said...

sounds wonderful. if only i knit socks, i could justify doing the same. i will just live vicariously through you. enjoy!