Thursday, January 21, 2010

How Old?

You know I like the phys. ed teacher at my school. In his wacky A.D.D., selective hearing, rubber chicken loving way, he's a good guy and has to teach in a building full of women which might cause any of those previous conditions- except maybe the rubber chicken one.

We were talking age for a little bit at lunch today. Overheard- No more birthdays, I want to keep having them, I'm 40, right? Standard birthday statements.

The conversation tide turned- we moved on to other worthy topics-at least 2 or 3 different ones.

Mr. Rubberchicken got up to leave and the following conversation took place-

MrRC: yea, every time I ask SpaceMan how old he is, he just says 26 and sticking.

Me: Who is Spaceman?

MrRC: You don't know him. He's a friend of mine.

Me: (puzzled look)

MrRC: (halfway out the door) yea, we call him Spaceman and it's for a good reason. (door closes- Mr.RC leaves)

Me: Space Cadet was taken?

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

That sounds like some of the conversations around my house. I've concluded it's just part of y-chromosome thing. That's my explanation for everything, actually.

Deborah-- said...

LOL That's all. I'm just LOL'ing. :-)

Haley said...

you crack me up! thanks!