Thursday, August 13, 2009

speed knitting

How's this for some lazya$$ blocking?



I also should have followed all good advice and stretched the stitches out regularly on the rh needle when switching colors. I'm not going to win any patience prizes for this one. There is some crochet finishing to seam the bottom and add form to the sides, some fringe and a strap. I was so obsessed by this that I feel like I wasn't even at last week's knit night. Busy counting red and yellow-gold (which also happens to be my two most not favorite colors together-I can admit that now that I've gotten through it)

I'm taking another train ride tomorrow to NYC- meeting the mama somewhere out there. We've go tickets to West Side Story on Saturday. I think this trip's "one new thing" will be to go to Brighton Beach/Coney Island. If it stays this hot, we won't be alone. Back on Sunday with hopefully no bad stories to tell (you may recall that the last time we tried this trip it was only for one night and the stagehands went on strike that very night.)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes,dear, but it is blocked, isn't it? Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

If you get up around E. 98th St., give Elder Son a wave. And have a great time!

Lydee said...

better luck with the show this time, have fun, pics of coney island please? (i've never been there.)

YawnOver said...

Very cool - I'm sure your little HP fan will love it :)

Yarnhog said...

Oh, wow! That looks really cool, lazy-ass blocking and all. ;)