Sunday, August 09, 2009

oh, there's some knitting

and as soon as I recover the misplaced camera, you'll see it. ETA-found it. : )

Daffydil forest canopy is bound off and blocked- thanks to those who suggested I do this sooner rather than later. Artful yarns' is a little twistier than what was used but it didn't really matter on the last 5" of bind off.




Angora/wool Central Park Hoodie is seamed with the ends woven in- could use a good blocking- may or may not get it.

On the needles? Wool Peddler's Shawl in Noro sock yarn, Slinky Ribs from Custom Knits in gold Elsbeth Lavold (though my dye lots don't match and I'm pondering solutions) and another Forest Canopy shawl in Lorna's Laces laceweight.

Each project on the needles has a different goal. The wool peddler's shawl is a new lace pattern- trying to expand my ability to read charts. The Slinky Rib is another attempt to follow written directions, and Forest Canopy in laceweight is an attempt to manipulate the thinner fiber into something beautiful. I know the pattern well so that the only issue will be the yarn weight.

Last night we took the dogwatchers to a Washington Wild Things baseball game. I entered the Tickets for Kids basket raffle. The first winner didn't claim the prize and my ticket was called as the back-up winner. Prizes included a terrible towel, an ipillow with a speaker inside, and various bags and lunch boxes. As the Wild Things lost, the prize basket became more and more exciting.

The dogwatcher drank a gallon and a half of beer in 4 hours. A gallon and a half. He seemed unaltered by this which was a good thing as far as I was concerned, but a damn gallon and a half!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Congrats on finishing the shawl! It is gorgeous!!! The Wool Peddler shawl is a great knit. I'm sure you'll finish yours sooner than I finished mine. Gallon and a half! Oh my!

Cindy said...

The shawl is beautiful, girl. The dogsitter has been in training.

Kim said...

Beautiful happy yellow shawl. Love it. Gallon and a half of beer! WOW!

Lydee said...

the beer was watered down, had to be, maybe?

Carol said...

You pick projects the way I often do....by learning curve. hopefully they don't drive you nuts. And...a gallon and a half?? What brand of beer was he drinking? I have trouble with a gallon and a half of iced tea, never mind BEER!