Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Fresh Start






I may not be fresh and ready for the new school year to start but my fruits and vegetables will be.

Oh what a difference one leader can make. The thing about the Michael Scott that left that was unlike the "real" Michael Scott (as if there actually were a REAL Michael Scott) was that she lacked sincerity. The New Michael Scott did in 45 minutes worth of usually useless meeting time what she was unable to do in 4 years.

He said essentially "Hey- I'm here. I'll do my best. I care about you and the kids and the school and the community. Let's have a weenie roast! I don't like them steamed- I'll do the grilling. I like to cut grass- I'll take care of that. Help me learn what I don't know. I'll be here before you get here every day. You can count on me."

I Don't Have A Stomach Ache About My New Boss. That can always change but it's a seriously MUCH better way to start the year. (If you're reading, my condolences HRDL)


Helping the situation is some luxury yarn. This is trying to be the Lacy Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls- malabrigo lace-weight forest green. I also cast on for the same project in cascade marled eco-wool for something big and warm to do later this winter.



Hey kids- name this yarn- koigummmm- too easy. I just found the macro button on my camera. There's no real light this evening but consider yourself warned oh those afraid of closeups.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting what appears to be a darned good boss. He sounds upfront and honest and fun, always a good start.

I'm ready for my close-up now, Ms. Sophanne ;-)

Haley said...

so glad to hear that you like your new principal. that can definitely make for a better year. i once had a student who told me that he wished he had a gun to shoot me and the principal did nothing. that was not very helpful. sounds like you got a good one and i'm happy for you. love the yummy yarn/knitting.

Lydee said...

crack me up. sounds good so far. love the fresh fruit and produce!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the new principal. Maybe there will be other changes as well (all for the better).

Shawl looks very pretty. Love the color!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that things are looking up! :)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hooray for having that kind of boss--I have one too and I adore her, makes life so much easier.

Awesome pics, btw!

Yarnhog said...

You are really having some lace-knitting mojo these days! It looks fantastic. :)