Wednesday, September 03, 2008

wwsbw*

*What Would Sophanne's Brain Wonder?

At an Eye Exam-

to self- how am I going to keep from laughing when the eye dr.'s big ole eyeball comes a-zoomin' in.

Why don't the handles on this chair pull you back like on the airplane?

to dr.- do you have the letters memorized? (obligatory chuckle from dr.) Do you ever just want to say "NO you BLIND IDIOT! It's a G!!" (another obligatory chuckle)

Why are all of these frames so ugly? Followed shortly by the optician/frame helper asking "Were you thinking you wanted men's frames?"

And in spite of these many thoughts and driving through a university town at traffic time, still there was dinner. Hamburgers, buttered red potatoes and more fresh broccoli.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very, very funny. Broccoli! Yum!!

Kim said...

You're becoming the Kween of Kooking!! Hope you ended with non-Kooky glasses.

Mary Kathryn said...

Ha! I have always felt like a total boob at eye exams. It's just another test where you really, really don't want to get any wrong answers. I KNOW the docs are thinking "No, you blind idiot!"

Yarnhog said...

I hate going to the eye doctor. He always says things like, "just normal vision changes due to aging," and "I'm going to give you a slightly stronger prescription," and "You really should be wearing glasses for distance, too."

Carol said...

Mmmmmm, buttered potatoes. Can't go wrong there!

Erin said...

I think eye appointments are funny too. :)

Lydee said...

poor yarnhog. I've been blind as a bat since age 8, and someday soon will graduate to coke bottles.
I've avoided going for the past couple years, sort of like how I avoided going to the dentist...

buttered red potatoes sound wonderful though.

Anonymous said...

After approximately 40 years of eye exams, I figured out that it was counterproductive to work really, really hard to get the right answers. It just means that I will have to work that hard to see with the lenses that I end up with. Now I only name the letters that I really, truly can read, and my life is much better.