Sunday, September 07, 2008

yea, sometimes I knit.

This is that scarf for the librarian- I finished it some time ago. It needs reblocking perhaps with some string to straighten out the edges. I can do that by Christmas, right?




My new favorite thing to do- Brooklyn Tweed's Noro scarf- The colors in this one are interesting enough but now that I've learned how to look at the colors a little better on the skein, the next 3 should be even better. Did I say three? Did I buy 12 skeins of Noro? That will be our little secret.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself eying other yarns with long color changes and wondering just how they would work in the Noro scarf.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh yes, I've got some Noro stockpiled for the very same reason!

Yvonne said...

I have no noro as I can't stand it. but I do like the scarf. :)

Kim said...

I'm so glad you bought a butt load of Noro! Gorgeous scarf. I made 2 and it was a really fun knit.

Haley said...

lovely! can't wait to see the next three.

Deborah-- said...

Love the scarves. I don't have any Noro either so I'll just enjoy yours. Get ready for working on another scarf. There's on traveling in the mail to you today.

Carol said...

Noro? What Noro? ::strolls away whistling::

Melissa said...

Hi!

I googled knitting and Morgantown and stumbled upon your blog. I was wondering if you offerend knitting lessons, or would be willing to do it a few times a week. Let me know if it's something you're interested in, and we can discuss price, etc. I've always wanted to knit.

Mari said...

I really need to knit one of these Noro Scarfs. Love them. Yours looks great.