Friday, September 12, 2008

Money in the bank- Money out of the bank

Money in the bank- if you could harness the unbridled enthusiasm of 5th graders on the first day of choir at my school and sell it, you would have lots of money in the bank. Every year I think, oh no, choir- whatamigonnado? For the last two years they've come into the room with the pre-conceived notion that it's going to be more fabulous than the day they were born and I slowly bring myself up to their standards and/or disappoint them terribly.

Money out of the bank- I'm going to the bank this afternoon. I'm going to the yarn store tomorrow. I have to. I "need" some koigu for the traveling scarves. I want some ultra alpaca to make olive's afghan (ravelry link) Another Larissa Brown original.

Thanks to slightly scolding and disbelieving looks at knit night, I've managed to see that the puppy is calmer in the evening. A trip or two to the crate is what did it. Still want some mindless knitting and Olive seems to be the answer


Just got a message from Ravelry- My photo is up for Lisa Carnahan's Stocking Cap. I almost feel famous.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I love Olive's Afghan! You go for it. Congrats on having your FO used for the Rav pattern page. I have one up for the Alana sweater by Jane Ellison. I didn't tell anyone because I look like a crazed maniac in the photo. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/alana. Look and laugh.

Yvonne said...

Ohhh, I can say I knew you when!! :) (Kim does look like a crazed maniac in that pic!!) Are you going to Yarns Unlimited, perhaps?? Sniff the yarn for me!!

Debbie D said...

That does mean you are famous in the knitting world! Wish I could see it but at work and Ravelry is block. You know, scary knitters and all that.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely famous. That hat is really cute.

Lydee said...

Congrats on having your FO pictured! that's pretty neat!

your choir comments, lol!

Carol said...

Yay! More yarn! yay! Calmer Puppy!

Mountain Mama said...

On the first day of choir, the mother of the only boy in my 9-student choir told me he couldn't sleep the night before. I was like, "why?" She told me he was so excited for choir. Gee, no pressure...

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad you have an enthusiastic bunch of choir kids! My older daughter sings in an area youth choir and I have to coax her into going, so you must be doing something right!

Haley said...

you are definitely famous! very cool.