Monday, February 26, 2007

Patience or lack thereof

As work continues on the vest I'd like to refer to the post about the lessons learned from the chocolate ice cream lime shebert sweater-

The size seems to be much improved on this current project. Lesson 1 and 1a learned.

I didn't wait to see if summer aran yarn needed to be blocked. Who feels like dealing with that when it's so close to being done. Sewing seams and attaching neck and arm hole ribbing still takes much longer than I had hoped for. I did have about an hour's worth more patience. I would do well to multiply that by 5 or 6. I win the patience prize if I at least decide to block it once it's assembled.

I did however sew the shoulder seams with the sides facing the correct direction. I also managed to make sure the ribbing was attached in the right direction on the neck and the first sleeve.

We'll see if I really believe the mattress stitch when I have time to put the sides together. At the rate it's going, don't count on any pictures until the end of the weekend. I would never make it as a professional knitter in South America.

Deciding between knitting and going to the gym has been a little tricky. My healthy brain is grateful that I've opted for the gym, missing only one day in the last week. My knitting brain is wondering what in the jingle bells (my new favorite 5th grade form of swearing) my body thinks it's doing.

My inclincations are to start the next project BEFORE the finishing touches on this one but reality tells me that if I do that, I will have a half completed vest hanging around for a cat bed. At least the upcoming project has less guesswork when it comes to size.

And when at a loss for patience I have this blog to distract me for 10 minutes.

No comments: