Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lessons learned from choc/shebert

With about 10 rows of the collar to complete, I find it necessary to document the lessons I have learned with the chocolate/lime shebert sweater.

1. I am not a size 44 in knitting terms

1a. When I wear a size 44 in knitting terms, my belly protrudes as if pregnant

2. Blocking takes as much as, if not more of the patience that I thought I was teaching myself while knitting.

2a. Sewing seams together does too.

3. Do not seam knit pieces with right sides together

3a. Read and then trust the simple directions for the mattress stitch in "The Knitting Answer Book" before seaming anything.

Those three lessons learned (at least introduced) after a nights work I have some acceptable if not so perfect seams on a sweater that looks like it will be just a little small in a color that I really can't stand anymore. Perhaps a photo to follow- it's only fair.

No comments: