Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fear Not

Fear not devoted blog readers... who've been spoiled by daily snow day entries. I am alive and knitting, as much as my sore arms will allow. There's nothing really to show for it because how interesting is straight stockinette stitch for the back of a vest?

This morning at 5:00 a.m. I was casting on some Noro (of the famed frogged elephant arm sweater) to see how this top down knitting works. After reading a couple of patterns and the books I purchased on the subject, I believe that this will be my next mission.

No snow days in the horizon but by skipping out on staff development for a 1/2 day tomorrow and with Bob working on Saturday, I'm thinking the manly vest will be finished early next week.

I think I secretly joined the gym so that I would go there for an hour and feel much less guilty about sitting sedentary for 6 more hours knitting. As to the gym- given my upper body strength (or notable lack thereof) it's amazing that I have enough strength to PICK UP knitting needles. Maybe I could invent designer weighted knitting needles for the upper body workout!

No comments: