Monday, February 26, 2007

knitting with others part 2

On Saturday night we were at the club-kept open for reccovering alcoholics who are looking for something to do on a Saturday night. Having just finished baking the chocolate chip cookies for the night, I sat down to knit. Bob had gathered a few for a game of spades (a jail-time favorite) and one rather hard core looking guy sat to the side. I said, "I can teach you to knit if you want." (not really expecting a positive response) He said, "THAT WOULD BE GREAT!" It was a good thing because I learned that teaching him to cast on was not easy. This morning I opened the yarn and needles for Thursday's class and cast on and knitted 2 rows for the students. Those recovering heroin addicts can come in handy although I sounded like a door to door Jehovah's witness trying to convert him to the world of knitting-trade oneobsession for another it would seem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have become a knit junkie!!! Luckily there is no reason to go through withdrawal!