Monday, February 11, 2019

nowhere else can I share this

I bought this bag for myself and Drjustineknitnight.  I love it's delicacy as well as it's to the pointness.
I'm also searching for another for my favorite pirate teacher at school

















If you look at the ring on my pinkie you'll see similar art.



The sentiment stamped on the back of this ring reads "this too shall pass."  A more positive but less hilarious sentiment. 





















Today at the end of the high school class, the would be but not hard core party boy that much to my surprise, did a 180° in my favor at the beginning of the year.  At the end of class today (where I cheered for him completing assignments) he showed me his new key chain (it spelled out the sentiment on the bag a little clearer - ended with a "you".")

At first I thought he was directing it at me in response to making him work.  Then I realized he thought I would think it was hilarious (meh).  So I told him about my knitting bag, showed him my ring, laughed and said "back at you baby."

In other return to school for two weeks news-

The twin with the darker (I'm going to say depressed) countenance rarely shows emotion.  She's either angry or sad or despondent.  Sometimes her inner happier self can be cajoled out- maybe 3 out of 5 days in a given week.  I love her either way.  Her happier (medicated) twin has always been glad to see me, friendly and positive.

The darker sister saw me in the hallway before class, ran to me and gave me a crazy huge hug.  I returned it but wasn't startled because I thought it was the happy one who regularly greets me.  Once I saw them together I realized otherwise.  This is a senior streetwise girl-wary of any emotion but anger.  It is a moment I want to remember forever. It is a profound source of joy in my working life.

And it was the best part of the day until the last class which was kindergarten.  With the same sincerity and unabashed enthusiasm nearly half of the class (risking the possibility of  correction for breaking the rules) ran to me with hugs aplenty declaring how much they missed me.

Colleagues, of course, welcomed me but I always feel like that's obligatory.  Those kids, though.

I won't mention the first grader who, after I said I'd be back for two weeks and then gone again replied "good." 













1 comment:

Lisa Simpson said...

Gina needs one of those bags too. The blood bank is really getting out of hand.

Best wishes for a complication free surgery!