Friday, February 22, 2019

Art and technology.

Tonight’s art is brought to you by Pinterest and giraffes.  There was a simple how to draw a giraffe tutorial using shapes.  I need to think more about anatomy but I’m not there yet.  What I’m happiest with are the leafy trees - different shades of green separated with thin black ink which was from my own brain.  Otherwise it looks like giraffe has been hitting his quads a little too much at the gym.






This evening greathusbandbob and I learned about and tried Facebook FaceTime and I used the filters.  I accidentally took a picture of them while trying to hang up.  Maybe I’ll use this as my post-op picture for anyone who is worried..


Tomorrow is a get things ready for next week kind of day.  I’m going to make some meals to freeze-  spinach artichoke lasagne, potato lentil soup, and lentil quinoa chili. 

More art- I feel like since that one isn’t awesome I am free to do more.  It’s only when I love how one turns out that I don’t want to art again because I don’t want the next one to suck.  Granddaughter Lily is traveling and shared these cacti that I will use as tomorrow’s muse.





Speaking of muses.  I’ve been listening to Edith Hamilton’s book, Mythology.  Once you immerse yourself in the stories, the carry on with you.  Yesterday greathusbandbob remarked about someone getting a message to someone else and I almost said “not even Hermès could communicate that...”. I’m nearing the end of the book Song of Achilles as well (reading not listening.).   Maybe there will be some mythic art.  Jim Carey’s work with markers also inspires.  Must go look at more.









1 comment:

kmkat said...

I just googled "Jim Carrey art" -- wow, he doesn't hold back, does he? Good stuff!