Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Freezer item three and tonight’s dinner

Freezer item three was a hot mess.

My intention was to make lasagne Florentine (no meat).  I accidentally ready on the oven-ready lasagne noodles to add 1/2 c liquid for every five noodles used.  That was way too much.  It ended up a watery mess.  I managed to salvage it for the freezer- left the fluid in the pan but it was definitely a disappointment.

Today I made the most favorite spinach artichoke lasagne.  It sounds healthy until you factor in the Parmesan, mozzarella, whole milk and butter.  (No wonder it tastes so good).  I’ll have this available for food until the weekend.


It’s cooling right now but it smells amazing.

My sub needed a sub today.  Fortunately I left sub-sub plans.  If I read the paperwork correctly, no one picked up the job. And I don’t even care.  I’m on anti-maternity leave.

The hospital just called.  Report time is 10:0 am.  Surgery is at noon. Goodbye ovaries.  I shall not miss you.


1 comment:

sunshine said...

You are so funny!! Love you!