Saturday, January 19, 2019

It's an AVALANCHE!



Did I say avalanche?  I meant rain with maybe a flash freeze that will be over with by Tuesday morning.  We are just a little northwest of Morgantown. We are always in the armpit of the storm.  We'll have to live all of the excitement vicariously.

Here's a riddle for you.  Potato + soy milk + vegetable stock + butter + broccoli + cheddar cheese + flour + sour cream +garlic +pepper = POTATO SOUP!  I sort of half followed Betty Crocker's internet recipe (I didn't want to make as much- I wanted it a little thicker-) and it worked.  I can officially tweak recipes.

I spent all of the morning writing a week's worth of music appreciation lesson plans.  The gang at school says I'm looking at more like 4-6 weeks of recovery. So I'm going to write for that so there is no worry.  No date has been set yet.  I don't mind.  The longer they wait, the closer to summer vacation my return will be.

Aunt is in hospital again. Her heart is in afib.  She's on blood thinners to prevent stroke and they are working to get her back into sine.  Look at me and my fancy medical words.  I wish I didn't know them.  The only reason I do is because greathusbandbob (20 years younger than aunt) suffers from the same malady.  They were able to shock his heart back into sine. Watching anyone struggle to breathe and keep calm is horrible.  Every now and then I realize that I may have to relive this same experience with greathusbandbob.  I just hope it's much further down the road.

2 comments:

Silvia said...

I'm just catching up and hope you and Aunt are well! It's hard to stop the mind from running, but worrying about what may happen won't help much right now. Be well my friend.

Also, to distract, have you read the 101 Cookbooks blog. It's vegetarian and I love so many recipes from there. I'm into the Simple Carrot Soup right now. So good and easy.

kmkat said...

Keep breathing. Yeah, that's totally helpful, Kat. But know I am thinking of you.