Saturday, January 12, 2019

Good News-Bad News- Good News

Good News- I realized that I could take cousin shopping after school on Friday nights and that would give me a whole free Saturday.  I think I was oblivious to making that change because I was so devoted to "keeping things the way they were" as she transitioned to the 'burg.  After 3+ years, I now will have Saturdays free and easy again.  

And it's not like I thought of it independent of circumstances.  There is supposed to be snow today and we didn't want to worry about driving.  So today's Saturday snow day has become permanent snow day Saturday.  And to think I used to take Saturday's for granted.  Next thing you know we'll go shopping on Wednesday and I'll have Friday nights free instead.

While in the car I told her about the polyp removal.  She had the same procedure done several years ago. I told her how clever I thought I was waiting until it was all over to tell her.  I asked her  what she would have done if I had told her beforehand expecting her to say she would worry.  She answered "I would have panicked."

Bad News- sort of- She'll have another chance to panic in the near future because while I was with her, the dr.'s office phoned and talked to greathusbandbob. There are abnormal pre-cancer cells and a hysterectomy is in the works.  Don't know when, don't know which parts (though I'm guessing all of them.)

My first excited question to drknitnightjustine was- "how many days off?"  I've got my priorities.  At least two weeks of no work and rest. Yippeeeeeeeeee.  I know I should be more worried, upset, concerned or something but I'm just not feeling it.  No cancer, no more periods, at least 2 weeks off and another visit to anesthesia land.  Every now and then I'm a little freaked out about it but funny things keep jumping in my head.  (I'm the poster child for coping using humor.)

Case in point- greathusbandbob and I will have matching belly scars.  Now that the social committee has new and fresh members, I might even get a card.

There is a teacher who switched from pre-K to subbing to take care of young kids.  Before she was pre-k she subbed for me often.  Preliminary conversations suggests that she is willing to do so again.  I can talk to her comfortably about planning and not feel so stressed to be hyper-vigilant about it.

And back to Good News- there is snow in the forecast- the longer it takes to get here- the better the chance of another day off on Monday. Weather is calling for 4-6" in the city of the school- less here in the 'burg.  A perfect storm if it produces.

And finally, facebook to me should be a happy place.  I am a member of two dog groups and sometimes I can't resist saving dog pictures that make me happy.  Today I made a collage of them with my Saturday snow day.




1 comment:

kmkat said...

1. I love the collage! Dog photos are so endearing.
B. I had a hysterectomy when I was 43. Several days in the hospital, six weeks until feeling completely back to normal (as is generally true for ANY major surgery). I talked to a couple friends who I knew had had the same surgery; both, completely unknown to each other, said, "I never missed it" meaning their uteri. I would say the same thing. No more periods was probably the best thing. NOW I COULD WEAR WHITE PANTS!