Monday, January 07, 2019

A morning at the hospital.

Up at 4:15. 3 hours of sleep. Greathusbandbob fell asleep at 8:00 pm and was wide awake.  When he is anxious/anticipating he likes conversation. Which is fine when it’s his procedure.  I’ll go along with the Bob and Becky show.  I went along with it on the drive there.  Once in the waiting room I said “hey you should work on your crossword puzzle.”  He did.

I remember the first push of the bed to the operating room and that was it. Then I woke up, waved at a few people in the hallway and asked what time it was.  Dr removed a thumbnail sized polyp. 


Drugs have been taken. The confusion of drugs made me believe for a second that the removal of the polyp relieved my lower back pain.  After talking to drknitnighjustine I realized it’s likely the pain med intended for the internal pain that relieved the lower back pain.  The temporary freedom from that makes it clear to me why people love drugs.  I’ll miss feeling good when it’s time to stop taking them.

That being said, I’m not in pain, I’m no longer bleeding like a stuck pig, and I have two days off. That feels pretty good.


No comments: