Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Indian Accountant

Told me about the two specialty shops in her plaza. One Asian and one Middle Eastern. She told me about lentils and their many varieties. She also spoke of spices.

I put green lentils in the crockpot this morning. I prepared some clarified butter in which to mix cumin seeds, fresh ginger, curry powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. In another twenty minutes (when the brown rice is ready) I will have lentils and rice with Indian spices.

 

 

Above- the bent spoon used to make clarified butter.

 

 

Who Am I?

I know I've asked that before after a cooking adventure or two but this new thing every week has now been going on for several weeks. Seriously, who am I?

I also found some medjool dates to make another batch of unbaked brownies. Furthermore I know the difference between medjool dates and the less expensive variety.

Greathusbandbob is out and about for the afternoon. This means that once I enjoy my lunch I will watch made for t.v. movies from the 70's and 80's and get the laundry done early.

Tomorrow I will make and freeze some bean chili in case I run out of lunches next week and will prepare the brownies. Knowing how good they are I must put off preparing them so I don't have an entire day to resist them.

Also I purchased the one liter size of olive oil because I keep running out. I almost bought the kind that is in a metal can like a gas can but thought that would feel pretentious and have a slight hint of cultural appropriation.

 

And while it doesn't necessarily photograph well, it tasted AMAZING!

 

No comments: