Friday, September 29, 2017

I'm no empath...

And maybe these are just the post traumatic after-effects of that header I took a few summers ago, landing head first on the cement but....

Here are things that have made me twitch, squirm, blanch and quease of late.

The bandaid on my cousins nose where I know they had to take out some cancer cells.

The three inch (completely healed, mind you) scar on greathusbandbob's belly from the kidney removal.

The mere thought that someday I might have to have some sort of surgery performed on myself. I am so creeped out by that, it's nearly reaching my "fear of the dentist" proportions. Even though there is no surgery planned.

Watching one of the high school kids tackle another one. In football, with pads, on a damn little iPhone where they look like little bugs.

Any acted on television, not real, misstep, trip, bump, kick or jolt. Don't even get me started on the guy from the defenders (Netflix) flying from building top to building top.

I am a walking virtual reality bot. At school today the kids saw a production of you're a good man Charlie Brown. There is a point where Charlie pretends to bang his head against a tree and creates the sound effect elsewhere. I flinched and jumped at that. Aargh.

In other news, my accountant, who is of Indian heritage, said to try green lentils in the crockpot with turmeric and cumin so that may be this weekends cooking experiment. There is a Middle Eastern grocery store near her office. Also not far from Aunt's place. I picked up some lentils and some more dates for brownies. I may have to investigate Indian recipes. There were so many interesting items in that store.

I'm knitting a scarf based on Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. It feels Mondrian with more blues, grays and greens and not primary colors. Using the magic counter that knitnightmarc turned into an app makes lots of long boring rows move more quickly when there is a timer telling you what percentage you have accomplished and how much you have yet to go.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

I developed a fear of heights in adulthood. Whenever a character in a tv show or movie is on a high place with a view of where they could fall, my innards do a flip-flop.