Saturday, September 16, 2017

Since then-

Don't feel like talking about school.  It goes on as usual.  The new schedule is heavy at the beginning of the week and falls away as the week goes on.  Since I've always seen kids twice a week and now it's only once, planning is a breeze- though content is taking a hit.

Of interest this week has been food.  It's been overnight oatmeal every morning made especially delicious with the maple syrup gifted to me by kmkat.  I made another round of meatless chili last weekend for some frozen lunches.

The new recipes of the week include one with quinoa and black beans- seasoned with red pepper and cumin.  While the recipe didn't call for it, I wrapped this in a tortilla shell and found it very pleasant.

Today I revisited (from several years ago) homemade hummus.  Chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and cumin.  It's kind of amazing the way you can put those things together and create such deliciousness.  

I've also realized that baby carrots have the superpower of being a hummus delivery device.  When we have them in the house they usually go bad.  Turn on their hummus delivery device super power and you run out of them well before you grow weary of them.

So far I think my three favorite finds in this adventure have been chia seeds, cumin and tahini.  Last night I had tahini, chia seeds and honey on some sprouted bread.  It was oh so filling and the opposite of chicken.  This only makes sense if you realize how I have come to detest chicken in all its incarnations.

There is a blog called chocolatecoveredkatie which appears to have quite a few interesting possibilities.  I trust her having had success with her black bean brownies.  It's a little bit crazy the amount of time I've been spending in the kitchen lately.  I might even learn to make it less complicated and enjoy it more.

No comments: