Monday, December 19, 2016

Why "stepson" Ian is the best.

Firstly I was fine and cool with all things surgically related up until the moment pre-op was over and he was headed to op. Ian takes an elephant when he travels to share the trip with his girls. This trip was no exception.

 

He also had a pre-op selfie with dad. Does it count as a selfie if someone else snaps the pic?

 

Shortly after this was taken I was a hot crying mess and he held me close and told me how lucky I am to love someone so much that it makes all the feels.

In the waiting room he pulled up every adorable picture of his cute girls and dog on his computer from when they lived in Switzerland to distract.

Once I settled in to some calmness and knitting (the second Xanax in as many hours) he and brotherJerry went for a walk. There was a vendor entering Mountaineer Field and thus an open gate. Ian began live streaming their break-in which eventually led to a golf/injury cart (with keys). The only thing that stopped them from pulling a Marshawn Lynch (YouTube link) was that greathusbandbob might need them later in the day.

No YouTube upload but a good picture for proof.

 

So kmkat, we are the lucky ones. Surrounded by distractions when there's no use in worrying.

All that being said, greathusbandbob is minus one left kidney, a previously unnoticed hernia and some tissue from the lymph node to check for the bad stuff. While waiting for him to get out of recovery both son Ian and I would turn to look at anyone entering the room, fully believing him indestructible enough to pop out a kidney and come Immediately home to binge on some Netflix.

Son Ian is spending the night in the hospital. When greathusbandbob expressed worry an d concern that I might leave him because he was sick I said "I never liked that left kidney anyway."

 

2 comments:

kmkat said...

I smiled all the way through this post. Greathusbandbob has great sons! And hurrah for Xanax when needed! Keeping you in my thought. {{{hugs}}}

Sunshine said...

:-)