Friday, December 09, 2016

Bring on all of the meds because I feel stuff and worry and that's part of being alive.

Greathusbandbob is having a kidney removed on Tuesday. His son and his brother are coming to town to stand watch and be my helping family.

The winter program is the day after the surgery. I have a sub coming to help set up. Then I will have a sub all the way through until break begins.

It's funny how school works. Most crises are faced with either hush hush gossip or a three page long email explaining every detail.

I opted for middle ground. Tell what I know. The simple facts. If people want to ask more, they can. And sometimes they know you'll just cry so they hug you and move on. As it turns out, one good friend had a similar and positive outcome to share that I had no idea about. And talking to her made me feel better.

I think, minus the outliers, everybody goes through lots of the same hard stuff. If you're willing to put yourself out here first (without appearing to have borderline personality disorder) there is reassurance, empathy and comfort to be found. Also Betty doesn't even know about this blog, but thanks anyway Betty.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

{{{hugs}}}