Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sage Advice- Sage Socks

So I took the advice of you wise knitters and have put the scarves aside for a while. Making this a tad more difficult was Mr. Sophanne announcing to the father of the recipients that I've been working on them. Ugh. I ordered a different yarn and am not going to be so beholden to the color requests. Yea, you'll get some purple, yea, you'll get some blue. We'll just see how it goes.

While the scarves were being punished I picked up some cashmere that's been marinating for ages because no project is worthy (or the right size.) Susie Roger's Reading Mitts to the rescue. KnitnightClaire had made a pair and pattern and yarn came together in my head.



I also finished another pair of socks from the STR yarn. Here's what I'll say about that club. I don't need or want sock patterns. All of my socks are the same. Not interested in fancy socks. BUT... when it comes to some durable sock yarn that makes hearty but not too thick socks, I'm all over that Blue Moon Sock yarn.



These have beenon the needles since August so it was good to have them finished. Time to get another pair of socks on the needles.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow...I love the color of the socks! I can't wait until I develop my knitting skills so I can do socks too.

Cindy said...

Love the mitts. They even look soft! And, the socks? Hand knit socks are the best!

roxie said...

Cashmere reading mitts? Lah dee dah! Love it!! those are soooo beautiful!

And the socks are totally wonderful. Be proud. Be very proud.

Blue Moon yarn is awesome. Every time I go to a venue where Blue Moon is selling, I pretty much need to grease my hips and sharpen my elbows to make my way through the crowds cramming the booth.

Anonymous said...

Socks and mitts are so cute! I think those mitts are perfect for Jane Austin reading...