Kmkat by way of Soxanne tagged me in a pet peeve and what makes you happy meme. The only rule is that there has to be more happy than grumpy.
Pet Peeves- as a rule, I try not to have pet peeves because they'll really only drive you crazy if you buy into them. That being said I will share with you the things that have taken much greater effort to "put on a shelf and leave alone"
1. The custodian at my school does not clean my room. There are 350+ kids in and out of my room all week long and she neither empties the garbage on a daily basis nor sweeps the area rug where the littler ones sit. The tipping point this year was when I went to the custodians corner to get the vacuum cleaner she lifted her head from her mystery novel and said good morning. More aggravating is that she's a nice person and I don't really want to carry resentments toward her. To lessen the sting of this situation I've taken to vacuuming in the afternoon when she's not there. I did let her know the bag needed changed this morning.
2. Impatience in trivial matters. It makes me crazy when others, believing that the universe revolves around them (in line- in traffic- in a faculty meeting- wherever) complain about the "injustice of it all" and in turn assume that I am equally indignant with them.
3. The kid who rides his motorbike in circles right outside our window when I get home from school.
4. The New Jersey landlord who charged us $15 for leaving and frozen unopened package of kosher hot dogs for the next renter. Man, that guy got under my skin- 3 days without air conditioning in 100+ degree temperatures and HE CHARGES US???? I really can't think about that one too much. It's along the same lines- self-absorbed and uncompassionate- not to mention seedy and greedy.
Things that make me happy-
1. Rickie Lee Jones' songwriting skills
2. When my dog brings me my shoe and when she gives me extra cuddles when she knows my feet are cold.
3. The sandwich my husband makes for me every morning because he doesn't want to imagine me eating salad and fake crab out of a bag.
4. Knit night.
5. Blog friends.
6. Shoes that don't make my feet hurt. (yet to be achieved but not for lack of trying.)
7. When a kid leaves my classroom saying "that was fun."
If you've got time, I'm tagging Yarnhog, Sanna, Jellidonut, Becky at Flossy and Kate and Haley at Labor of Love- but it won't hurt my feelings if you don't do it- I know that being tagged in a meme can also be an unspoken pet peeve!