It's not all always fun and games and here we go round the mulberry bush here at House of Sophanne. Sometimes there are lulls.
Not to let that stop me from blogging, Welcome to Sometimes.
THe reason I like living with Mr. Sophanne is
1. Sometimes he buys ice cream.
2. He doesn't always tell me when he does- he keeps it a secret.
3. He keeps it a secret because he knows I will look and see if he did.
4. When I look and see and he's bought some, it's like a surprise birthday party for me.
1. Mr. Sophanne LOVES those shows.
2. Me not so much.
3. They give us both nightmares.
4. He likes to think of it as a double feature.
Further research on Young Frankenstein
As mentioned before, Teri Garr and Cloris Leachman's character can be found in The Lady and the Monster.
Harvey Korman's character (mechanical arm, clicking heels and all) can be found in the Son of Frankenstein with Boris Karloff, Basil Rathbone, and Bela Lugosi. As can the source for the line "I think it's time we had a riot."
Bela Lugosi's Igor (Son of Frankenstein)is also reminiscent to me of Gene Hackman's role as the blindman.
Another Netflix-streaming find and another mad scientist movie I can't recommend enough- sets, costume, design, absolutely everything you could ever hope for and I keep falling asleep before I can finish it. (which I'm kind of glad about- it will last longer.)
I'm sure there are students of film that can break down every scene and reference every source. These geeks like me probably have thorough on line documentation. I refrain from the googleresearch because finding these tidbits is just like finding ice cream in the freezer.